With almost 20 years of experience, Álvaro Brito Arantes is a partner in the Dispute Resolution and Civil Litigation, and Debt Restructuring and Insolvency practices.
Arantes has a breadth of civil and commercial litigation knowledge across complex legal matters, with emphasis on contractual disputes – especially involving long-term distribution and supply agreements –, product liability, class actions, tort litigation, trademarks and credit recovery, including judicial restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings.
Author and co-author of articles on topics of civil procedure, civil law and constitutional law.
- Extension Course in Judicial Recovery and Bankruptcy, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo – 2018
- Post-graduation in Civil Procedural Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo – 2007
- Graduation in Law, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie – 2004
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/SP – OAB/DF)
- Business restriction in times of Covid-19 pandemic. Conjur, June 2, 2020 (https://bit.ly/3qslPKp)
- Minimum freight prices and possible flood of lawsuits seeking transport contracts review. Estadão, March 6, 2020 (https://bit.ly/3xVrMCg)
- The undue forced suppression of guarantees in judicial reorganization proceedings. JOTA Portal, June 21, 2019 (https://bit.ly/3gYtltA)
- Civil associations and class actions. Valor, March 26, 2015 (https://glo.bo/35UDHnY)
- Private enforcement of competition Law in Brazil. Global Competition Litigation Review, v. 5, no. 1, pp. 20-207, 2012.
- The conflict between fundamental rights and the actions of citizens that threaten their own health. Revista dos Tribunais, year 99, vol. 897 – July 2010.