André de Melo Ribeiro is the head of the Labor, Social Security and Immigration Law practice, as well as a partner in the Anti-Corruption, Compliance and Internal Investigations practice of Dias Carneiro Advogados.
Since 2011, his practice in Labor Law has been highlighted every year by Chambers & Partners Latin America. Other legal directories that also recognize his performance are Latin Lawyer 250, The Legal 500 and Lacca Approved, an annual survey conducted by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association.
With a vast knowledge in judicial and administrative litigation, throughout his career, André has had a relevant role in several collective bargaining and no-strike agreements, as wells as profit and income sharing plans.
His experience involves national and international companies from the most diverse segments, such as aviation, agribusiness, bioenergy, transportation, engineering and construction, information technology, as wells as the automotive, metallurgy, pharmaceuticals and electronics industries. He has provided services to financial institutions, multilateral agencies, development banks, development agencies and investment funds.
He is the author of several articles on labor issues, published in Brazil and abroad, including the chapter on Brazil for the “2010 Labour Law: A Practical Global Guide”, published by Globe Business Publishing. André is also a lecturer and guest professor in post-graduation courses.
- Masters in Labor Law, Universidade de São Paulo (USP) – 2009
- Specialization in Private Social Security, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV/GVLaw) – 2005
- Graduation in Law, Universidade de São Paulo (USP) – 2003
- Specialization in International Relations, Universidade de São Paulo (USP) – 2000
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo Section
- São Paulo Labor Lawyers Association (AATSP)
- São Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP)
- Labor Law Studies Group of the University of São Paulo (GETRAB/USP)
- "Labor Law Reform: Reflexions and Criticism". 1st and 2nd editions. São Paulo: LTR, 2018.
- "Labor Law and the preservation of companies in the new Bankruptcy Law", in Nelson Mannrich; Reinaldo de Francisco Fernandes. (Org.). Contemporary themes of Labor Law. 1st ed. São Paulo, LTr, 2016.
- "World Justice Practice - Rule of Law Index". Washington: WJP. Rule of Law Index, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- "The new axiological axis of interpretation of the company phenomenon and the required modulation between Labor Law and Bankruptcy Law after Act 11,101/2005", in Labor Law and Business Law under the focus of fundamental rights. Gustavo Filipe Barbosa Garcia/Rubia Zanotelli de Alvarenga. LTr: São Paulo, 2015
- Brazilian Commercial Law - A Practical Guide. Coauthor. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business. London – 2013.
- Labor Law - A Practical Global Guide. Coauthor. Globe Law and Business. London, 2011.
- Athletes and non-compete covenants . Coauthor. In: Revista de Direito do Trabalho n. 136. 2010.
- Report by the Social Claims Committee of the International Insolvency Institute on Employee, Pension and Related Social Claims in Insolvency. III. Advisor. 2009. (http://www.iiiglobal.org/component/jdownloads/finish/560/1828.html).
- LATTES Résumé: http://lattes.cnpq.br/6680960973860488
- Chambers & Partners 2017: https://www.chambersandpartners.com/Latin-America/person/395088/andre-de-melo-ribeiro
- Latin Lawyer 2017: http://latinlawyer.com/ll250/people/1132904/andre-de-melo-ribeiro /
- Legal 500 (2017): http://www.legal500.com/firms/52877/offices/56200