The constant evolution and unique characteristics of the areas of intellectual property and entertainment require a team that is highly specialized and experienced in facing the challenges present in Brazil.
Our lawyers advise national and international companies regarding consultations, negotiations, definition of strategies and the preparation of contracts within the entertainment market and all forms of assets relating to intellectual property (such as copyrights, domain names, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and industrial designs), transfer of technology, advertising regulation, image rights and merchandising.
We prepare and negotiate agreements pertaining to different markets, such as technology (digital distribution platforms, social media, startups and software developers, among others), entertainment (artists, editors, producers and video game companies), the fashion industry and general consumer products.
Our experience covers:
- Licensing and assignment of intellectual property rights for the development of products and merchandising and for facilitating deals and transactions involving copyrights, trademarks, patents and industrial designs, among others.
- Licensing and assignment of software, SaaS (Software as a Service) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Transfer of technology, including the definition of respective strategies and the effective registration of agreements at the National Industrial Property Institute (INPI).
- Protection and registration of intellectual property assets, including trademarks, domain names and software.
- Transactions involving image rights and other personality rights in the context of commercial business.
- Advising on advertising, with the evaluation of advertising campaigns and the representation of clients at the Brazilian Advertising Self-Regulation Council (Conar).
- Consulting on the feasibility of businesses involving intellectual property, the protection of trade secrets, unfair competition and use of copyrights and image rights, among others.
- Advising clients on litigious and pre-litigious matters relating to intellectual property.