As an expert in Debt Restructuring, Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation and Arbitration, Laura Bumachar acted in several leading cases in these fields.
At Dias Carneiro Advogados, she heads the Debt Restructuring and Insolvency, and Dispute Resolution, Civil Litigation and Arbitration practices. She is part of the team that led the Dias Carneiro Advogados to receive praise in the area of litigation, in the 2018 ranking of the best law firms in Brazil, in a survey conducted by the Leaders League group.
Her work on Debt Restructuring and her extensive experience in multilateral negotiations earned her recognition in the Chambers Latin America directory since 2011 and in the Who’s Who Legal 2012/2013 guide.
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School, Massachusetts, United States (2007)
- Specialization in Corporate Law and Capital Markets, Getúlio Vargas Foundation - FGV (2004)
- Post-graduation in Business Law, Brazilian Institute of Capital Markets - Ibmec (2003)
- Graduation in Law, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - UFRJ (1999)
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo Section
- "Global Practice Guides Insolvency", Law and Practice, Chambers, 2018.
- "The Restructuring Review", Seventh Edition, Law Business Research, Brazilian Chapter, 2015.
- "The agricultural pledge in the contest of the judicial recovery proceeding: the evolution of case law in the face of defrauding creditor's in rem guarantee" - Agribusiness controversial aspects, Castro Lopes Publisher, 2013.